Posted on: April 30th, 2009 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen TRAILER

There’s not really much to say about this one… it looks par for the course as far as giant transforming robots that battle one another causing mass destruction. Take a look at the trailer below and shoot some shit in the comments.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen hits theaters June 24th.

Awesome Fact: Musical genius Mike Patton (Faith No More, Fantomas, Mr. Bungle) provides the voice for Mix-Master in the film, one of the constructicons that forms Devastator. That’s effing awesome, though it’s too bad he didn’t score the flick.

Filed under: Movies, Trailers

15 Responses to “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen TRAILER”

1. Ben Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 12:50 am

If I weren’t fundamentally opposed to the movie iteration of the Transformers I would say that looked cool. But I am, so I won’t.

Let me know when someone makes a Transformers flick devoid of dumb humans, Megan Fox, and robots that can only be classified as Gundam Wing.

-Ben3PO

2. Metallicat79 Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 6:53 am

Did I miss Soundwave in there? I kind of want to see him more. I think if I hear Megan Fox scream one more time I may just start killing.

3. Metallicat79 Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 7:47 am

I actaully feel like this is a huge rehash of the previous film, just with a “Darker” feel to it, it should really be lableled Transformers: The Extended edition. I actaully think i will wait for this one on DVD or in the cheap theaters, barring the word of mouth.

Thanks for popin by Ben!

4. chase Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 9:13 am

oh man shoot me now, lebuff or what ever his name is should not be acting on the big screen it’s a friggin crime against actual actors. graphics look good, fights look cool, but a big budget like this needs just a teensy bit more.

P.S throwing 10 different F$!&ING comic relief actors in one F&?$ING movie is just annoying.

chase.

5. Ryan Ferrier Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 9:15 am

Ben – 1
    Transformers – 0
    Well played!

I’m not terribly interested… I have moments where I *think* I am… but that could be the 12% re-re in my genetics. Truth be told I think it looks like it could only serve as a special effects reel, or something to sell blu-rays.

6. Ryan Ferrier Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 9:22 am

While I will agree with you on most of your points… I’m actually not hating on Shia LaBeouf… I think he’s a pretty decent young actor. He’s got charisma, he’s unusual enough to stand out… The dude can carry a lead, face it; he did it in the first Transformers, he did it in that wretched Indy IV (which in my original review, I stated he was one of the better parts).
    If all you know him from is his blockbuster roles, check him out in “Bobby” or “The Battle of Shaker Heights”. Heck, even go back to the Disney show “Even Stevens” (god I can’t believe I went there) – that motherfucking kid CAN act.
    It’s hip to hate on LaBeouf, c’mon now.

7. Metallicat79 Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 9:34 am

I will not say Labouf can’t act, for me, he has not been around long enough or been enough films to really win me over yet, I think he has some ptential, BUT he needs to get out of the action film mode to really stretch his abilities and impress me. I am not comparing him to Tom Hanks when i say this, but he has the potential to follow in similiar footsteps as Hanks career wise, thats all I am saying, I am not saying he will be the next Hanks by any means.

@Ryan
    I can’t believe you cited his performance as one of the better things about Indy, I actaully found him rather annoying along side an aparently lost Harrison Ford. The highlight for the film for me was Whatsher bucket from the very first one, I wish she had had more screen time. As well there should have been a little more character devlopment for Cate’s character, she ahd potential and it was wasted.

As for Transformers 2, I really do not think it will be worth my 10 bucks to go see it. It looks like a big CGI mess, not too mention it still looks like it has more focus on the human characters then the Transformers. And correct me if I am wrong but last time i checked the title it was Transformers, not Sam Whitwickys Glbal Adventures with Bumble Bee. And one more thing, the thing that pissed me off about this most rescent trailer, Bumble Bee seems to be reduced to the role of pet, “I am sorry I am not taking you to college” WTF kind of line is that? He is not the household dog you stick out back when he needs to shit. He Is BUMBLE BEE!!

8. Jon Stephens Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 9:42 am

I guess I’ll be the only one excited about this movie. Here are my thoughts on the transformers film franchise:

I don’t expect them to be great movies. I don’t expect them to be award winners or critically praised. That’s just not what Michael Bay does. Bay makes bad ass action, and damn does he do it well. He can blow sh*t up and make some really great chase scenes. When I see Transformers, I don’t go in expecting greatness, or anything ground breaking. I go in expecting to see giant freaking robots beat the hell out of each other, and lots and lots of explosions. They are fun popcorn flicks. Just a dumb way to spend a couple of hours over the summer, and walk out saying “meh, that was cool.” I’ve seen far worse movies than Transformers.

It’s not a great representation of the characters, but what films ever really are great representations of the original characters? I think it’s time that all of us, myself included, to stop expecting to see things the way they were already established to be, and start expecting them to be changed. It’s a rare treat to see these types of films and the characters in them be done right.

I don’t get the hating on the Beef. The kid is charismatic and witty. I thought he was the best part of the first transformers, and he was the best part in Indy 4. That’s right, I said it. He’s funny. I’m not trying to tell anyone they should like him, everyone has their own opinions. I’m just saying that each time I’ve heard or seen people bashing the Beef, they’ve never really been able to give a good reason as to why they are doing that. I think he’s funny.

I will agree though that there are too many “comic relief” characters in the film, and ideally it would just be autiobots, decepticons, and a very small group of humans (unless people are being shown as casualties of war in some urban area the bots are fighting in)

I’ll definitely check this movie out, and I expect nothing more than a handful of explosions, a couple car chases, and giant robots beating the hell out of each other.

9. Metallicat79 Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 9:55 am

I don’t hate the Beef, at leat not nearly as much as I hate Seth Rogen or Halle Berry, but thats a discussion for another day.

I am totally with you Jon on the whole Bay synopsis, my problem is not with that, but rather I was expecting to see a little something different with the sequel, something more than robots galavanting around the global in search of something. It feeels like the same thing again. On a positive, it was good see that they did not abandon Megatron, though I had hoped they would levae it as a cliffhanger leading into a third, but it looks like his role will be subsequently larger then what i had intitally thought it to be.

10. juicemouse Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 11:24 am

seriously all the whining is ridiculous! We have finally got movie with giant robots who battle!! Who can ask for more? Have you guys ever watched the original transformers show? There has always been a human element to the entire series! for f**k sakes. The dude who made a comment about it being a glorified Gundam film i wish it was. Pull your heads in an see what comes….i’m sure everyone will change their opinion when it comes out……besides the Evangelion film is a few years off and lord knows there is a human element to that as well….
    grow up in the 80’s and actually watch a series before making judgements about how the movie should be made 10 years later..
    J

11. Ryan Ferrier Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 11:32 am

There you are J!

I’m not denying that Transformers is a success in bringing the cartoon to life – as a fan of the toys and the show since the 80’s, it is a great translation.

That’s the problem though – the concept of the Transformers is ridiculously simple. Giant robots that transform. That’s it. You can attach a good vs. evil and human element to the film, but ultimately it doesn’t make a good film. I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy the first one. It had cool effects scenes. That was it. That’s all the sequel has, and that’s all Transformers 3 – 8 are going to have.

The problem with this film, and these types of film, is that they are just the common denominator – baby wants candy, so feed it candy. It junks up the system.

I’ll see the flick. Heck I’m sure I’ll enjoy it. And I’ll probably buy the blu-ray. All for the reasons that I want to see a couple robots fighting, and at that point, it might as well be on youtube in 2 minute clips.

We don’t rrrrealllly care about Sam. We don’t rrreeealllly care about what happens with Megatron.

12. IanBennett Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 12:46 pm

Ive been a Transformers fan ever since my brother put Ratchet and Hot Rod stickers on my play-pen (he got in trouble for it).

Im just as pumped for this as I was for the original. There is nothing I would rather have then robots kicking the crap out of each other, trying to be emotional from time to time, and a young human male being a giant pussy.

I could do without Fox though, but Im assuming there would be some lawsuits these days if a movie was made without a female entity…although Arcee would have been a much better choice.

13. IanBennett Says:
    May 1st, 2009 at 12:48 pm

A Transformers movie will never be the next Shawshank, it will just be the next, kick ass, Transformers movie.

14. Ben Rankel Says:
    May 4th, 2009 at 1:35 am

Why can’t Transformers be an epic film? Why can’t we expect more? Just because the main characters are giant robots, we can’t take them seriously? As a mass of mankind are we simply docile in our bottle-fed formula films? Isn’t it our job as viewers to demand more by voting with our money.

“Hey Michael Bay, I like boom as well, but maybe we could develop a character?” Are we such a gelatinous goo as society all we want to do is pay to see things explode?

I guess I’m being whiny and naive wanting something other than humans acting in the status quo to be treated as cinema and not just film fodder.

Michael Bay school of directing:

Boom. BOOOM. T&A. Boom.

I want more; character development and thinking outside the “boom”box and I want it in the properties that I grew up enjoying. Call me a dreamer or a whiner or whatever – I still want it.

I also don’t want my damn robots looking like Esceflowne.

15. Jon Stephens Says:
    May 4th, 2009 at 9:12 am

I’m with you Ben, I think we all have a right to demand more. But I see problems in executing that. To really make a difference, it would require the vast majority of us fanboys boycotting the movie or the studio wouldn’t even notice. As much as we like to rip how the movies are done, most of us still go to see it. It’d be hard to expect that to change.

I’m just being a realist