Posted on: March 2nd, 2009 New ‘Terminator: Salvation’ Trailer Melts Faces

Ever since it was announced that McG (of Charlie’s Angels and Charlie’s Angels: Full Garbage fame) was helming the fourth installment of the Terminator franchise, I’ve been on the fence (read, incredibly skeptic). The second full-length trailer which hit the web today, pushed my right off said fence and onto my ass. I’m officially on-board. I still think McG can eat dicks by the dozen, but damn he may have pulled this one off. The trailer anyways. Check it out below.

Visit the film’s Yahoo page for an HD version. Terminator: Salvation releases wide on May 21st.

Filed under: Barnacles, Movies, News

6 Responses to “New ‘Terminator: Salvation’ Trailer Melts Faces”

1. Jon Stephens Says:
    March 2nd, 2009 at 8:08 pm

Yeah, the FX will be cool and I’m sure there will be plenty of action. Hell, it may even be entertaining. But as far as I’m concerned, it doesn’t deserve to have the title that it does.

McNuggets has taken a big, fat dump all over canon in this film. He’s tried to incorporate pop culture references so he could make a movie that EVERYONE will like, instead of making the best terminator film possible and leaving the rest up to fate. I can’t forgive that. The facts, cold hard facts, that we know about the film so far, are so drastically different from what was established in the first 3 films. I’m pissed.

2. RyanSquid Says:
    March 2nd, 2009 at 9:48 pm

Oh rrrreallly? I hate to admit it, but I’ve been following zero of this film. I heard McG and just stopped paying attention.

What’s he doing with the story?

3. Juicemouse Says:
    March 2nd, 2009 at 11:32 pm

whinge whinge whinge. Ideally James Cameron would be on back on board but he’s not! He’s off doing feelgood deepsea documentaries with Disney…Now that i think of it maybe i wouldn’t want him on board. Anyways i lost track a bit. Terminator 3 sucked and was a cookie cut version of Terminator 2 sans James Cameron and any real good actors…oh yeah and i forgot about a story…cause it had no story either. Well it did but it too sucked.

Anyways Christian bale is awesome and i would hope (based on previous trends) the christian bale would not ever jump on board for a movie that is going to suck…like Dragonball Evolution. If christian Bale is aight with the whole thing so am I. Plus its got giant robots…well geez the whole thing is about robots. Giant Robots kick ass. I heard someone on the internet call this movie Terminator: gonna be better than Transformers 2. I immediately slapped them in the face. But said sorry cause who knows they might be right. Depends on Dinobots or not.

Ok i’m done.

J

4. Metallicat79 Says:
    March 3rd, 2009 at 7:12 am

I must confess, this trailer was really cool, much better than the first, however, i still can’t get past the Terminator with the gun for a head. Still looks like an AWOL toy from Sid’s room in Toy Story. I think that will bother me a lot.

5. Jon Stephens Says:
    March 3rd, 2009 at 10:42 am

Here is all you need to know about how dumb McNuggets is. He seriously considered adding a plot point to be developed throughout the trilogy in which John Connor dies and is secretly replaced by a reprogrammed terminator. yeah, I’m dead serious.

Apparently he’s added over 20 new terminator models to be featured in this film and subsequent ones. If you go back and watch the original trilogy, and pay extra close attention to the parts that refer to the future war, you will find stuff that has been discussed that does not mesh with McNugget’s take on the future war, most notably the problem with lil’ reese being mentored by John Connor. Reese didn’t meet Connor when he was young, he was fully grown by then, worked with him briefly, and then volunteered himself to go back in time (leading to T1) McNuggets is stomping all over that.

6. Metallicat79 Says:
    March 3rd, 2009 at 12:54 pm

MCG Blows, I can’t believe this is going to piss on its Predessors, and I really think 790 was right on his post at Movieguys, Christian Bale probaly regrets signing on for this.