Posted on: February 19th, 2009 X-Men Origins: Wolverine First Look – Scarred Deadpool?

ENI Toy News reports that these images popped online this morning over at the MarvelousNews.com forums (user/password required). The 3.75″ figure was found at a Wal-Mart, but the figure wasn’t shown at the recent NYCC or Toyfair. Apparently the design is similar to the Superhero Squad version of the figure. Could this be how Ryan Reynold’s character appears by the end of the film? Really? Seems a bit too Mortal Kombat to me. Let there be mask!

Deadpool?

Deadpool?

Deadpool?

Filed under: Barnacles, News

14 Responses to “X-Men Origins: Wolverine First Look – Scarred Deadpool?”

1. Fanboy Rant: Has Fox Ruined Deadpool? Is Gambit Next? - Screen Rant Says:
    February 19th, 2009 at 4:03 pm

[...] And Giant Killer Squid has a clearer image of the toy above. [...]

2. Jon Stephens Says:
    February 20th, 2009 at 8:09 pm

I’m about as big a fan of Deadpool as you can get. But I am 100% not worried about this. First of all, we don’t know what time frame in the movie that this clip is from. We don’t know if he will end up with the traditional suit or not. Remember, when pressed for info on whether or not Deadpool would end up in his traditional suit, producers were “coy.” That’s a pretty good indicator that he will.

Listen, all the news of reshoots indicate to me that they are indeed planning a Deadpool solo film, all the evidence is there. And why not? It could make money, it’s a great story to tell. So, if the solo film is planned, why wouldn’t they do the costume? Does anyone really believe that people would pay to see a movie where the main character is horribly and disgustingly scarred, without even attempting to cover it up? Hell no they won’t. They have to let pool spend some time showing his nasty scars so that audiences will know it and remember it for when his solo film comes out. It’s a big deal. They don’t have to put him in his traditional suit now anyway. So can we please just calm down?

Signed,
    The Biggest Deadpool fan in the movieblogging community!
    Jon Stephens

3. RyanSquid Says:
    February 20th, 2009 at 9:09 pm

Thanks a lot for your comment, Jon. I completely agree with your points and you’ve got some great insight; it would be cool if it all plays out like that.

I for one am not incredibly torn up about the Deadpool look above. Even though I’m really into the character I’m not too invested in the Wolverine solo flick.

If the Biggest Deadpool fan in the movieblogging community! isn’t worried, than nor am I :)

– Ryan

4. Whatleydude Says:
    February 23rd, 2009 at 8:51 am

Looks more like Baraka from Mortal Kombat!

5. Jon Stephens Says:
    February 24th, 2009 at 3:29 pm

I’ve heard that baraka comment before, it’s legit. He kinda does.

Thanks Ryan.

Basically, I really don’t think we are going to see too much of the hideously scarred Deadpool, so the whole Baraka thing wont matter too much. I really don’t care much for the Wolverine movie either, but being the huge Deadpool fan that I am, I will see it first showing.

Ryan – as a big time Deadpool fan yourself, how do you feel about the casting of Ryan Reynolds to play Wade? I’ve honestly thought that the biggest thing required to pull off the character is the actor and how they portray the character. I think Reynolds can pull it off, his character in Blade proved that to me. I know that they are going to change his look around a bit, there is nothing any of us can do to stop that. No character has been an exact look alike to their comic counterpart, so let’s skip past that. Wouldn’t the character be enjoyable if he has the same sense of humor? If he “breaks the 4th wall” like ‘pool does so frequently? If he is still a bad ass, and the only thing sharper than his wit is his blade? I think I’d be pleased if he met those qualities, and those wouldn’t be too hard for the writers to do. Hard to believe they’d screw that up. So I’m psyched to see how this all plays out. I’ve taken a lot of time to disect this, and analyze it realistically, obviously with a touch of fanboy. In case you Ryan or anyone else is interested, here’s the story I posted on my site:

hope it’s cool to post a link here!

6. RyanSquid Says:
    February 24th, 2009 at 4:31 pm

Again Jon, you’re bang on.

I actually REALLY dug the casting of Ryan Reynolds. I’ve always thought he would make a stellar Wade. I think he can be a total badass and hilarious at the same time.

Now, if they had the character break the 4th wall… I would seriously lose my shit. I doubt it’ll happen, but oh man if it did…

7. Metallicat79 Says:
    February 24th, 2009 at 9:31 pm

I think the only problem is the claws attached to Deadpool, other than that, I am not worried.

8. Jon Stephens Says:
    February 24th, 2009 at 10:13 pm

I’d lose it too. The chances are indeed slim, but it could happen.

Metallicat, I’m not sure that they are going to actually come out of his arms. I’m thinking they are just swords of some sort that he attatched to his arms for whatever reason. That actually sounds like a more plausible story than having him actually have blades grow out of his arms. That’s so way far away from his origins, so much so that I”m thinking it’d be insane for the writers to do that. More insane than I think anyone at Fox is.

9. RyanSquid Says:
    February 24th, 2009 at 11:26 pm

I can see Deadpool purposely strapping blades on his arms in a comedic sense, to one-up Wolverine if you will.

10. Metallicat79 Says:
    February 25th, 2009 at 8:16 am

@Ryan
    I concur, I just find it odd.

11. Metallicat79 Says:
    February 27th, 2009 at 1:12 pm

the Fourth Wall would be freaking Sweet!!

12. CaptainSnikt Says:
    March 9th, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Does anyone know what the blurb on the back of the packaging reads? Maybe that’ll give us some insight. I was kinda hoping that they werent scars as they are so symetrical and tidy. I was hoping they were the same kinda marking wolvie got when they were implanting his skeleton and that they botch it scarring our favourite merc with a mouth. I know im rambling on now. But anyone else hear the rumour that he’s mute at this point?

13. Jon Stephens Says:
    March 10th, 2009 at 9:18 am

Oh heeeelllll nooooooo!!!!!!

I’ve never heard that rumor, but dammit he’d better not be a freaking mute. That’d really piss me off. But I wouldn’t put anything past FOX at this point.

14. Domino Says:
    May 3rd, 2009 at 11:15 am

Just saw the movie yesterday, and yes, fox Muted the Merc with a Mouth. Why movies continue to ruin my favorite Marvel Characters, is beyond reasoning. No Suit, No Wise Cracks (minus the first few mins) and no weapons does not a Dead-pool make.